Thursday, January 12, 2012

Technique, Reverse Matting, Layout Bliss

Project:    12 x 12 Layout "Bliss"
Designer:  Dionne Marie Smith
Photo:      Corinna Hoffman

Papers:    Bazzill Basics Paper Cardstock, Black
               GCD Studios Donna Salazar Designs, Antiquities
Inks:        Ranger, Tim Holtz Distress Ink, Walnut Stain
Other:     Tim Holtz Grungeboard (used as a template for hand cut letters)

Using my favorite Reverse Matting technique, I placed my photo over the Donna Salazar patterned paper and traced in pencil. Then added a 3/4" trace, leaving the portions of the design out of the trace.
With an exacto knife I cut out the middle of the paper, then inked and out-lined with a second hand cut layer of cardstock.


  1. Just beautiful!! I LOVE all of the matting you did! Gorgeous photograph, too!

  2. Hi, Dionne!! Very pretty LO!!
    It great to be on the team with you over at Momenta!!
    I will become a follower hope you can join me over on my blog too!

  3. gorgeous LOs ... looking forward to working with you at Momenta.

  4. Awww, this is beautiful!! I was just scrolling down your blog and saw this layout also :) Love it! Thanks again for having me photograph your lovely wedding and portrait session :) Thanks for the "photo shout-out" also :) xoxo