Thursday, November 17, 2011

Dionne & Jeff's Trash the Dress Session - Jacksonville, FL Wedding Photographer Corinna Hoffman Photography:

Dionne & Jeff's Trash the Dress Session - Jacksonville, FL Wedding Photographer Corinna Hoffman Photography:


Jeff thought I was a crazy person when I explained what a "Trash the Dress" photo shoot meant. He and I differ on how we place value on things. For example he will store prized items in boxes to make sure they are preserved will last forever. Then he will pass the box on to his kids, just like it was passed to him, so they can store the box and pass it on... and so on.

Personally I feel this approach is flawed! It's lunacy to me! I wholeheartedly believe that you should proudly display your prized items in a place of honor, to viewed and enjoyed frequently. I believe you should use the "good dishes". Consequences be damned if something gets broken.

The saddest thing I hear is when someone inherits the "good china" collection from their grandmother or  mother and they only remember that it had never been used... because something might get broken! My grandmother used her good china - Franciscan Desert Rose - for our family meals. That memory will be with us forever. Grandma + Desert Rose = Favorite Memory

Despite his hesitation with the whole concept, we had the Trash the Dress Photo shoot. It was the most amazing experience. Not only did we have an amazing time, but the photos are such a great representation of who we are as a couple! I love them!!!!

Corinna Hoffman Photography Jacksonville, FL Wedding PhotographerCorinna Hoffman Photography: Dionne & Jeff's Trash the Dress Session - Jacksonville FL Wedding Photographer:

Slide Show Link  http://corinnahoffman.com/slideshows/SmithTrashing/

Major props to our amazing photographer Corinna Hoffman

'via Blog this'

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Dionne, I just found this blog post online!! I remember this fun day so well as if it was just yesterday! You and Jeff rocked your "trash the dress" session!! It is still one of my favorite sessions to this day :) I had so much fun taking your photos, and thank you the sweet words you mentioned about me :) xoxo

    ReplyDelete