Monday, November 14, 2011

Me, the competitor -- 1st Place Sports | Tour De Pain Extreme



If you know me.... you KNOW I am a competitor! I stinkin' love extreme sports and physical challenges that make a lot of people want to cry.

So there I was browsing the upcoming race calendar and checking out the events I might want to add to race schedule. Low and behold.... I come across Tour de Pain EXTREME!

What the heck is that? I do the regular Tour de Pain just about every year, that event is well represented on my wall of medals. It consists of 3 races in 24 hours. Typically the schedule is Friday evening a 5 mile run on the beach (I loathe beach running), followed by a 1 sizzler (all out sprint) Saturday morning and finishing up with a 5K downtown.

Last year after I finished the final leg of the event, got my medal (will run for hardware), I was side-swiped by some crazy on the freeway!!! HOLY COW they just crashed me out and started taking off. Good golly, I was driving a big blue Suburban - how does anyone miss that? Anyway, not one to let an injustice go without taking action --- I chased them... into da' hood..... finally I regained my senses and got outta there and called the police. Yay, awesome just ran my butt off in a race and have to file a police report with my sweaty self....nice!!

Boy, did I catch some heat for chasing after them. Sometimes I lack good sense. Lets get back on track...we will save the rest of that story for another day.

The new event Tour de Pain EXTREME is even better then the regular 3 event series!! How could that be you ask.... it breaks down like this:

Saturday morning 7am  --->>> 10k run (6.2 miles)
Saturday evening 7pm  --->>> 5k run (3.1 miles)
Sunday morning 7am    --->>> Half Marathon (13.1 miles)

Does it get any better then this?? I know, I know - I am all IN!! Sign me up baby!

1st Place Sports | Tour De Pain Extreme:

'via Blog this'

No comments:

Post a Comment